We are looking for a part-time bartender/server for weekend evenings (to start).
Grey Tiger is an owner-operated, artist-run cocktail bar in Toronto's burgeoning Bloordale neighbourhood. We focus on crafting tasty original drinks, using quality ingredients, as well as tight renditions of classic and vintage tipples. Beyond cocktails, we offer a broad selection of spirits, with a focus on whisk(e)y, as well as "craft" beer and wine.
We began three years ago as a coffee-and-cocktail establishment. After a lengthy makeover, we cut our coffee program and relaunched solely as a cocktail bar last June. We are are now re-establishing and growing our revised concept, and are seeking someone to grow with us.
We are artists and long-time hospitality professionals who believe that our work, service, and craft are part of a larger creative practice. We believe that we are always in collaboration with our guests and each other to create genuine connections, delightful experiences, and new possibilities. We believe in bar craft as a time-honoured, magical art, and hospitality as a spiritual practice.
We are looking for someone who shares our outlook as stated above and is:
- experienced as a cocktail bartender and floor server (we are willing to mentor candidates with minimal cocktail experience with a good attitude and hustle who really want to step-up their game)
- knowledgeable of classic cocktails, spirits, beer and wine
- capable of plating and assembling simple snacks
- curious and open to learning and adapting to our cocktail methodology
- dedicated to cultivating an uplifting, magical vibe
- truly passionate about taking care of people
- committed to mindfulness and self-care
- positive and optimistic
- kind and empathetic
- honest and of integrity
- patient and resilient
- committed to growing with us long-term if the fit is right
While we are only able to offer weekends to start, we are able to provide mentorship from a drinksmith with 20 years of professional bartending experience in a unique environment. We are dedicated to growing an amazing, heart-centred team over the long term that values creativity, learning, community, and personal growth.
Please peruse our website, menu and Instagram to get a deeper sense of who we are. Interested candidates can send their resume to email@example.com, along with a brief intro stating who they are, what they can contribute, and what they wish to accomplish as part of our team and the hospitality world at large. Thank you for your interest; we look forward to reading your responses!
Becky & Ryan