PLEASE NOTE: We are not hiring at this time. Check back later.
For those interested in future opportunities, some reading:
Grey Tiger is an owner-operated, artist-run cocktail bar in Toronto's burgeoning Bloordale neighbourhood. We focus on crafting tasty original drinks, using quality ingredients, as well as tight renditions of classic and vintage tipples. Beyond cocktails, we offer a broad selection of spirits, with a focus on whisk(e)y, as well as "craft" beer and wine.
We began three years ago as a coffee-and-cocktail establishment. After a lengthy makeover, we cut our coffee program and relaunched solely as a cocktail bar last June. We are are now re-establishing and growing our revised concept, and are seeking someone to grow with us.
We are artists and long-time hospitality professionals who believe that our work, service, and craft are part of a larger creative practice. We believe that we are always in collaboration with our guests and each other to create genuine connections, delightful experiences, and new possibilities. We believe in bar craft as a time-honoured, magical art, and hospitality as a spiritual practice.
The ideal candidate is:
- a fast learner who has at least one year’s experience working as a cocktail bartender (we are willing to mentor candidates with at least one year of cocktail-mixing and floor service experience with a good attitude, hustle, and sense of humility)
- a committed hospitality professional who sees a long-term future in the industry
- familiar with mixed drink families, classic cocktails, spirits, beer and wine
- an active taster of food and drink with a developed palate who is able to distinguish and vocally describe flavours, textures, etc
- capable of plating and assembling simple snacks
- curious and open to learning and adapting to our cocktail methodology
- dedicated to cultivating an uplifting, magical vibe
- truly passionate about taking care of people
- committed to mindfulness and self-care
- positive and optimistic
- kind and empathetic
- honest and of integrity
- patient and resilient
- committed to growing with us long-term if the fit is right
Please peruse our website, menu and Instagram to get a deeper sense of who we are. Interested candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter stating who they are, what they can contribute, and what they wish to accomplish as part of our team and the hospitality world at large.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest; we look forward to reading your responses!
Becky & Ryan